Sunday, December 19, 2010

Today I do not like the snow

This is what my world looks like while I am writing the last entry of the day for my blog.









And on normal days I would rather be gaping out of the window, enjoying this white clean world. I would be sitting here, watching the big fir in front of my window grow whiter and whiter and enjoy it. But the last two hours a good five centimeters have been added to yesterday’s snow and I do not like it one single bit.

There is a very simple reason for not being happy with this white beauty. I do have a son. And you might wonder now what my son has to do with the weather but it will all become clear if you bear with me for one more minute.


Last academic year my son went studying abroad at Canisius College in Buffalo, NY. I was a proud mom (still am by the way) and greatly enjoyed following his life through facebook. One of the perks of suddenly becoming and Atlantis Student through the University of Antwerp was that all students being allowed a grant for Canisius also had to study one trimester at the University of Strasbourg and so, at the end of August my son left the country again. This time he was much closer and thus, while traveling back and forth to Italy for work, I had the chance to visit him a few times.


That trimester being over and done with, my son is at this very moment on his way back from Strasbourg. By car. And as I just read that cars are at a standstill in Waver because they cannot drive upon the hill, I turned from a very happy mother into a very worried one. And that is why, for once, I do not like the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment